Part 1: Position Statements and Influential Practices
- NAEYC. (2009). Developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood programs serving children from birth through age 8. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/dap
- NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on child abuse prevention. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/ChildAbuseStand.pdf
- NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on school readiness. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/Readiness.pdf
- NAEYC. (2009). Where we stand on responding to linguistic and cultural diversity. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/diversity.pdf
- NAEYC. (2003). Early childhood curriculum, assessment, and program evaluation: Building an effective, accountable system in programs for children birth through age 8. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/pscape.pdf
- NAEYC. (2009, April). Early childhood inclusion: A summary. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/DEC_NAEYC_ECSummary_A.pdf
- Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families. (2010). Infant-toddler policy agenda. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://main.zerotothree.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ter_pub_infanttodller
- FPG Child Development Institute. (2006, September). Evidence-based practice empowers early childhood professionals and families. (FPG Snapshot, No. 33). Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://community.fpg.unc.edu/sites/community.fpg.unc.edu/files/imce/documents/FPG_Snapshot_N33_EvidenceBasedPractice_09-2006.pdf
- Turnbull, A., Zuna, N., Hong, J. Y., Hu, X., Kyzar, K., Obremski, S., et al. (2010). Knowledge-to-action guides. Teaching Exceptional Children, 42(3), 42-53.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
Part 2: Global Support for Children’s Rights and Well-Being
- Article: UNICEF (n.d.). Fact sheet: A summary of the rights under the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.unicef.org/crc/files/Rights_overview.pdf
- World Forum Foundation
This link connects you to the mission statement of this organization. Make sure to watch the media segment on this webpage
- World Organization for Early Childhood Education
Read about OMEP’s mission.
- Association for Childhood Education International
Click on “Mission/Vision” and “Guiding Principles and Beliefs” and read these statements.
Part 3: Selected Early Childhood Organizations
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- The Division for Early Childhood
- Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families
- Harvard Education Letter
- FPG Child Development Institute
- Administration for Children and Families Headstart’s National Research Conference
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Center for Child Care Workforce
- Council for Exceptional Children
- Institute for Women’s Policy Research
- National Center for Research on Early Childhood Education
- National Child Care Association
- National Institute for Early Education Research
- Voices for America’s Children
- The Erikson Institute
Part 4: Selected Professional Journals Available in the Walden Library
- YC Young Children
- Journal of Child & Family Studies
- Child Study Journal
- Multicultural Education
- Early Childhood Education Journal
- Journal of Early Childhood Research
- International Journal of Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Research Quarterly
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Studies
- Maternal & Child Health Journal
- International Journal of Early Years Education
Part 5: Additional Resources
- NAEYC Young Child Article Resources, http://naeyc.org/woyc/resources. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- NAEYC Young Child, Play and Children’s Learning, http://www.naeyc.org/play. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- NAEYC Young Child, Assessing and Scaffolding Make Believe Play, http://www.naeyc.org/files/yc/file/201201/Leong_Make_Believe_Play_Jan2012.pdf. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- NAEYC Young Child, Chopsticks and Counting Sticks, http://www.naeyc.org/files/yc/file/200305/Chopsticks_Bodrova.pdf. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- NAEYC Young Child, Playdough: What’s Standard, http://www.naeyc.org/files/tyc/file/TYC_V3N3_Swartz.pdf. Retrieved February 11, 2017. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- NAEYC Young Child, Block Building and Make Believe for every Child, http://www.naeyc.org/files/tyc/file/TYC_V3N3_StrasserandKoeppel.pdf. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- NAEYC Young Child, Circle Time for Puppets, http://www.naeyc.org/files/tyc/file/V4N4/Circle_time_puppets_teaching_social_skills.pdf. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- File Folder Games, http://filefolderfun.com/SearchPreschool. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Speech and Language Kids, https://www.speechandlanguagekids.com. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Preschool Activities, https://www.pinterest.com/garciado/preschool-activities-ideas. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Prekinders, http://www.prekinders.com. Retrieved February 11, 2017.
- Inspirational Quotes & Quotations on Early Childhood Education For Teachers, https://www.successdegrees.com/inspirationalquotesaboutearlychildhoodeducationandteaching.html. Retrieved February 11, 2017.